A much-improved Pennisetum, with great foliage colour and neat compact habit.
Origin: Bred in the UK
Protection Status: EU PVR granted EU41137
Variety Name: Pennisetum advena Chelsea
Benefits of using this variety
- Dense, richly coloured growth and good plumes of flower.
- Improved foliage colour.
- More compact habit.
- Foliage colours well, even when produced under glass and supplementary lighting.
- Amazing deep red foliage, becomes darker as the year progresses.
- Foliage more narrow than Pennisetum setaceum.
- Shorter than other varieties. 45cm tall.
You may find these plants useful for similar applications, or as great planting partners alongside the Chelsea.