Selected by a leading British Lavandula expert and nurseryman, Olympia is an early flowering intermedia (flowering at the same time as late varieties of L. angustifolia) with a stunning dark flower colour.
Origin: Bred in the UK
Protection Status: EU PVR granted EU43189
Variety Name: Lavandula intermedia DOWNOLY
Benefits of using this variety
- More compact habit giving dense and visually impressive plants - typically 20cm shorter than other L. intermedia varieties.
- Amazing very rich violet flower colour.
- Stunning deep purple calyces.
- Great for summer promotions.
- Height: 50cm
- Flowering time: June onwards.
- Flower: rich violet flower in purple calyces.
- Habit: compact, dome-shaped.
- Foliage: grey-green, strongly scented.
You may find these plants useful for similar applications, or as great planting partners alongside the Olympia .