Brachyglottis Walberton's® Silver Dormouse is a big improvement on old varieties - larger leaves, more silvery foliage and leaves held all the way to the base of the plant. It makes a great landscape plant but also looks great as a premium container specimen.
Origin: Bred in the UK
Protection Status: EU PVR granted EU18406
Variety Name: Brachyglottis hybrid WALBRACH
Benefits of using this variety
- Intense silver-grey foliage - much more silver than Sunshine or Dunedin.
- Leaves are white on the underside.
- Plant keeps its leaves all the way to the floor - does not get a "bare bottom".
- Can be used as a border shrub or patio plant.
- Height: 90cm when mature.
- Width: 120cm when mature.
- Flowering time: yellow daisy flowers in June and July.
- Habit: neat and bushy.
- Foliage: more rounded shape; very silvery; white underneath.
You may find these plants useful for similar applications, or as great planting partners alongside the Silver Dormouse.