These sites are useful for anyone interested in Plant Variety Rights and Plant Patents.
- Community Plant Variety Office – the CPVO administers all applications for EU Plant Variety Rights – includes searchable database of EU PVRs
- FERA – UK Plant Varieties Office – this is the body responsible for administration of UK Plant Variety Rights, now rarely used for ornamentals. Some older varieties still enjoy protection from UK rights and searches should be made of the Gazette when considering propagating a variety.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office – the USPTO administers all applications for US Plant Patent. A searchable database of all US patents can be found here (we recommend using the genus as the search term)
- Plant Variety Rights Office New Zealand – includes searchable database of New Zealand PVRs
- Australian Government – Plant Breeders Rights – includes searchable database of Australian PVRs
- Canadian Plant Varieties Office – includes searchable database of Canadian PVRs
- Canadian Ornamental Plant Foundation – voluntary scheme for Canada, includes searchable database
- International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants – UPOV sets international guidelines for Plant Variety Rights legislation
- CIOPORA – the International Community of Breeders of Asexually Reproduced Ornamental Varieties lobbies legislators on PVR issues and respresents the interests of breeders and agents
- FERA Plant Health – regulates the plant health requirements for the import and export of plant material in the UK
- Plants For Europe currency conversion tool – a useful tool for converting between major currencies, including GBP, EUR, USD, AUD, NZD and most other major currencies. Can give the exchange rate today or from any date in the last ten years.
Please note that Plants For Europe Limited is not responsible for the content of external sites.